More and more people are realising that disability is part of life and everyday society
- Jonathan Lewis, Acting Company at Mind the Gap
Making Theatre is our one-year flexible training course for adults with a learning disability who want to learn about theatre and different types of performance. People can choose to do the full time programme, which is 4 days a week, or the part time programme, which is 1 day a week.
Students work on professional shows and projects in order to get lots of experience in the areas that they are most interested in. This includes things like acting, dance, technical and media skills, and Front of House work.
Being on Making Theatre also helps people grow in confidence and get better at communication and team working. Students can also get support and training for other practical skills such as using computers and travelling independently.
All students work towards a qualification accredited by the Open College Network (OCN). You can become a student if you have a learning disability and are aged 19 or over.
Full time programme:
- You will work Monday to Thursday during term time
- You will learn about acting, backstage and technical work, media, filming and dance
- Artists and performers who already work in the arts will come in and run workshops so you can learn all about what they do
Part time programme:
- You will work one day a week during term time
- You will learn about different types of dance and accessible movement
How do I apply to join?
Download the application form from here, fill it and send it to us by 19th April. You can ask someone to help you if you like.
Deadline to apply is Friday 19th April.