Discover Theatre Directing Course
18th & 19th February 2020 at Mind the Gap
Do you have a passion for theatre?
Do you have a learning disability?
Do you want to learn about being a theatre director in a supported and fun environment?
Then this course is for you!
What is a Theatre Director?
A Theatre Director brings a play or a story to life on the stage; they guide and oversee the creative
vision of the project. The Director leads rehearsals and directs the actors to tell the story as clearly
as possible. They work with set designers, lighting designers and sound designers to create the
world of the play.
The course is being run in partnership with Mind the Gap and Daniel Foulds for his project Hidden
History which is being funded by Arts Council England.
What You Will Learn
• Practical skills to start a career as a Director
• About the rehearsal process
• Knowledge and understanding of the work of a Theatre Director
• An understanding of how theatre productions are made
• How to create theatre and tell a story
• Understand the roles of other theatre professionals involved in creating theatre productions
• Confidence in a theatre environment
To apply for the Introduction to Directing Course, you should be over the age of 18 on 1 January 2020.
Deadline for Applications: Monday 20th January 2020 by 5pm
To find out more, download our information pack.