Open Space Opportunities
Mind the Gap’s Open Space programme offers free space to Bradford artists, disabled artists, and people making work with learning disabled and/or autistic creatives at certain times of the year.
Mind the Gap Studios is a busy building providing rehearsal space for the company’s productions, as well as five Academy programmes, running over five days, for 35 weeks of the year. This does however mean that when our shows are out on tour, and students and Artists are on holiday, there are often times when some of our studios are empty… and they get sad!
That’s where Mind the Gap’s Open Space programme comes in. Our studios are available for R&D/rehearsal during these quieter periods and we’re keen to make them available to Bradford artists, disabled artists, and people making work with learning disabled and/or autistic creatives. Our Open Space offer includes:
- Up to two weeks use of one of our studio spaces
- Four hours of mentoring, which could include fundraising, marketing, audience development, access – whatever is most useful to you.
- A small sharing for an invited audience managed by the visiting artist/company
- Basic lighting set up
We are unable to offer:
- Space outside of core hours (9:30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Technical support
- Space for full-scale performances
- Free space for artists/companies who have budget for rehearsal space
This year we have the following weeks available for Open Space opportunities: 8 – 12 August, 15 – 19 August, 22 – 26 August, 5 – 9 September.
If you want to find out more or apply to be part of Mind the Gap’s Open Space programme, contact our Producer, Jess Boyes using the form below or by calling 01274 487390. Go on, keep our studios happy!