Call-out for Applications: Future Me Programme
Future Me is an employment programme for people with learning disabilities aged 16+ to help them move towards employment, education and training. The programme will be delivered online from October 2020 to March 2021 with the possbility of real world meet ups from January 2021, depending on the COVID-19 restrictions.
Who is it for?
People with a learning disability aged 16+ on 1 October 2020 who are living in the areas of Leeds, Bradford, Kirklees or Calderdale, who can:
- Commit to 5 hours of time each week to take part in the programme
- See themselves moving towards employment, training or education
- Demonstrate an interest in the arts, like drama, dance or art
What will you learn?
- Practical skills to start a career in the arts
- Knowledge and understanding of job roles in the arts
- Employability skills including interview techniques and understanding the world of work
- Organising, planning skills and time keeping
- How to build self-confidence and a positive attitude
- How to create a CV – both in writing and on video
- How to work and communicate with different people
To find out more please download the Application Pack and Application Form by following the links.
Future Me is funded by a Groundwork ESF Community Grant from the European Social Fund and the Education and Skills Funding Agency. Funding supports organisations in Coventry & Warwickshire and Leeds City Region to help unemployed people move towards employment, training or education.