Volunteering at Mind the Gap is like being welcomed into a secret world where you learn just as much as the people around you – Melissa Jackson, Volunteer
As England’s largest learning disability theatre company there’s always lots going on, and we couldn’t make everything happen without the help of a team of fantastic volunteers.
Working in our fully accessible building, there are lots of things to get involved in, including supporting our Academy students on our theatre, music and dance courses. There is also plenty of opportunity to volunteer at other events throughout the year and see our shows for free!
If you would like to involved, email email@example.com who will be happy to send you a volunteer form.
Placements and internships
Each year we get a lot of requests from students, practitioners and researchers who want to learn from us about the work we do in disability related theatre. We try to accommodate these requests and achieve a mutually valuable experience.
If you are thinking of applying for a placement please take a look at our Case Studies, which shows examples of previous experiences. You may also want to think about the below things when considering:
- What do you want to achieve? What are your aims?
- What is it for? A thesis, work experience, research?
- What can we learn from you? It could be your skillset, knowledge or experience.
- In the current climate, money is tight so we can only offer travel expenses, all our other resources are dedicated to those who need and benefit from our activities.
- Sometimes we have to deal with some difficult subject matters and so it is important that you have a suitable approach. A commitment to equal opportunities, a sense of humour and flexible approach are great starting points.